About Jason Roy
I am a Jesus following husband, father, worship leader, artist. I am blessed to have married my dream Cortni Roy 10 years ago and enjoy an amazing marriage full of struggle, conflict, and yes true love! My two children (Avery/8 and Haven/6) are the light of my life and my wife and I home school them (mostly my wife admittedly) as we travel on the bus with Building429 around the country. As the lead singer of www.building429.com I have traveled the world leading worship and writing songs about my life and the way that God has intersected it. Splitting my time on the road with another occupation as the Co-worship Pastor at www.Gcomchurch.com is a joy, and I absolutely love the challenges that come with pastoral care and the development of young talented musicians. My life is a whirlwind and I am always busy, but as my father told me when I was young: You can sleep when you’re dead. I intend to leave it all on the field… and that’s why I’m constantly motivated to challenge myself and become a better me. Because of my belief that God is worthy of everything I have to offer, I am known as a challenger of the status quo. I am always ready, with a chisel in hand, to carve away at myself and those who are willing to grow, to become all that we were meant to be in the eyes of Christ.
- P4 #1 songs: Glory Defined, Listen to the Sound, Where I Belong, We Won't Be Shaken
- P2 top 10's : Space In Between, No One Else Knows
- PSold Over 500,000 records world wide since 2004 with Building 429
- PBMI Song of the Year: Glory Defined 2004; Where I Belong 2012
- PDove award: New Artist of the Year 2005
- PDove Nominations: Song of the Year, Record of the Year
- PLongest running #1 song in Billboard charts history at 16 weeks with "Where I Belong"